Our global map of defibrillators (AED) now allows uploading photos. This will make it easier to locate these important devices.
Example of an AED with a photo: https://openaedmap.org/#map=17/52.197783/20.888747&node_id=9445486262
History of the project
OpenAEDMap is the successor to AED Map that was also created by us and showed locations of defibrillators in Poland. “AED Map” was a great success. Thanks to this project number of mapped objects in Poland increased from a few hundred to a few thousands.
Website was appreciated not only by OSM users but also government and medical experts which resulted in patronage from:
- Head Office of Geodesy and Cartography
- Polish Society of Emergency Medicine
- prof. dr hab. Jerzy Robert Ładny National Consultant in the Field of Emergency Medicine
- prof. dr hab. MD Marianna Janion State Consultant in the Field of Cardiology (Świętokrzyskie voivodeship)
- prof. dr hab. MD Andrzej Wysokiński State Consultant in the Field of Cardiology (Lubelskie voivodeship)
- prof. dr hab. MD Adam Nogalski State Consultant in the Field of Emergency Medicine (Lubelskie voivodeship)
- Postdoc MD Łukasz Balwicki State Consultant in the Field of Public Health (Pomorskie voivodeship)
- PhD MD Wiktor Kuliczkowski State Consultant in the Field of Cardiology (Dolnośląskie voivodeship)
- MD Dorota Konaszczuk State Consultant in the Field of Public Health (Lubuskie voivodeship)
Evolution of the site
Positive feedback encouraged us to continue working and improving the project. This led to the creation of OpenAEDMap. It shows locations of defibrillators not just in Poland but in the entire World. Page is available in multiple languages thanks to the community provided translations.
After the latest update users can attach a photo to an AED. This will make it easier to locate devices and verify their position. Example of a defibrillator with a photo: https://openaedmap.org/#map=17/52.197783/20.888747&node_id=9445486262
We encourage everyone to add AED locations and their photos to the map!